Fults History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fults family
The surname Fults was first found in Holland, where the name van der Feltz became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Fults family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fults research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1867 and 1882 are included under the topic Early Fults History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fults Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Feltz, Felt, Felts, van der Feltz, van der Felt, vand der Felts, de Feltz, de Felt, de Felts, von der Felt and many more.
Early Notables of the Fults family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fults Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Fults is the 8,740th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Fults migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fults Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henrick Fults, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1727 
- Catharina Barbara Jacke Fults, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1750
Contemporary Notables of the name Fults (post 1700) +
- Ralph Fults (1911-1993), American Depression-era outlaw, member of Bonnie and Clyde's Barrow Gang
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)