Frische History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Similar to many German family names, the distinguished surname Frische is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Germany were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. German patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "-ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The surname Frische is derived from the Old German personal name Friedrich, which is composed of the elements "fridu" meaning "peace" or "safety", and "rihhi," meaning "powerful."
Early Origins of the Frische family
The surname Frische was first found in Saxony, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century on the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Frische family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Frische research. Another 148 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1775, 1730, 1742, 1665, 1547, 1590, 1629 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Frische History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Frische Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Frisch, Frische, Fritsch, Fritsche, Fritschl, Frischi (Switzerland) and many more.
Early Notables of the Frische family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Frische Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Frische migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Frische Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Peter Frische, who landed in Texas in 1845 
Contemporary Notables of the name Frische (post 1700) +
- Frederick Frische, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Kentucky, 1860 
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Frische +
- 4702 Some German-American Families, 1460-1975: A History and Genealogy of Families Who Settled in the Midwest, All Related Through Marriage with Members of the Reese Family of Pillenbruch, Germany-Arning, Bollman, Duwe, Frische, Reese, Schmidt by Harriet R. Frische.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html