Friedhoff History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Friedhoff family
The surname Friedhoff was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Friedhoff family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Friedhoff research. Another 88 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1806, 1857 and 1735 are included under the topic Early Friedhoff History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Friedhoff Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fredorf, Friedorf, Friedhoff, Friedhof, Friedoff, Fredhoff, Freydorf, Freydhoff and many more.
Early Notables of the Friedhoff family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Friedhoff Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Friedhoff migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Friedhoff Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Herm Adolph Friedhoff, who settled in America in 1837
- Hein Friedhoff, aged 20, who settled in Texas in 1845 aboard the ship "Margaretha"
- Conrad Friedhoff, who arrived in Missouri in 1847
- Conrad Friedhoff, aged 32, who arrived in Missouri in 1847 
- J. J. Friedhoff, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
| Friedhoff migration to Australia ||+|
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Friedhoff Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Diedrich Friedhoff, aged 50, who arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Hermann von Beckerath" 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Friedhoff (post 1700) ||+|
- Lawrence Friedhoff MD, PhD, FACP, American Chief Development Officer of Axovant Sciences, Ltd. and the Senior Vice President, Research & Development at Roivant Sciences, Ltd
- Frances Friedhoff, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Nevada, 1924 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) HERMANN VON BECKERATH 1847. Retrieved from http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1847HermanVonBeckerath.htm
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html