Freyer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Freyer family
The surname Freyer was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Freyer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Freyer research. Another 124 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 191 and 1910 are included under the topic Early Freyer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Freyer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Freir, Freier, Freire, Friere, Frier, Frieer, Freyer and many more.
Early Notables of the Freyer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Freyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Freyer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Freyer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Freyer, who landed in South Carolina in 1749 
- Georg Paul Freyer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1770 
- Heinrich Freyer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1770 
Freyer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Gottfr Freyer, aged 47, who arrived in New York, NY in 1855 
- John Freyer, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1855 
- Emil Freyer, aged 15, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893 
Contemporary Notables of the name Freyer (post 1700) +
- Edward G. Freyer, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Beirut, 1898 
- John D. Freyer, American artist and professor at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Sigismund Freyer (b. 1881), German bronze medalist equestrian at the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Hans Freyer (1887-1969), German sociologist and philosopher
- Achim Freyer (b. 1934), German stage director, set designer and painter
- Christian Friedrich Freyer (1794-1885), German entomologist
- Frank Barrows Freyer, United States Navy captain, 14th Naval Governor of Guam (1910-1911)
- Edward Freyer (1910-1984), Australian rules footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html