Freire History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Freire family
The surname Freire was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Freire family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Freire research. Another 124 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 191 and 1910 are included under the topic Early Freire History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Freire Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Freir, Freier, Freire, Friere, Frier, Frieer, Freyer and many more.
Early Notables of the Freire family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Freire Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Freire migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Freire Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Augusto Freire, aged 28, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1912
- Antonio Freire, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1918
- Alexander Freire, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States, in 1923
- Bert Freire, aged 37, who landed in America, in 1923
- Claudio Freire, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States, in 1923
|Contemporary Notables of the name Freire (post 1700) ||+|
- Paulo Freire (1921-1997), from São Paulo, a Brazilian educator
- Nelson Freire (1944-2021), Brazilian classical pianist, regarded as one of the leading pianists of his generation
- Roberto Freire (b. 1942), Brazilian politician
- Ramón Freire (1787-1851), General and President of Chile
- Óscar Freire (b. 1976), Spanish bicycle racer
- Manuel Freire (b. 1942), Portuguese singer and composer
- Laura Espido Freire (b. 1974), Spanish writer
- Alejandro Freire (b. 1974), Venezuelan baseball player
- Acisclo Manzano Freire (b. 1940), Spanish sculptor
- José Freire Falcão (1925-2021), Brazilian prelate of the Catholic Church who was Archbishop of Brasília from 1984 to 2004, Cardinal in 1988