Francks History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Francks derived from the given name Francis. Although it began as a name indicating that the bearer was French in nationality, the popularity of the name Francis was greatly encouraged by the fame of St Francis of Assisi in during the Middle Ages, and the meaning of the name was subsequently altered. This is also a name for a person from Franconia, which is a region of Southwestern Germany that was named after the Franks, who settled in this region after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Francks family
The surname Francks was first found in Bohemia, where the name Francke became noted for its many branches, with several houses acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The family gradually emerged as an important power and were subsequently elevated to the ranks of nobility.
Early History of the Francks family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Francks research. Another 160 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1499, 1543, 1616, 1644, 1663, 1679, 1700, 1727, and 1882 are included under the topic Early Francks History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Francks Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Franck, Frank, Franke, Frankk, Frankke, Franck, Francks, Francke, Franckk, Franckke, Franken, Frankhen, Franckhen, Franquen, Franks, Franche and many more.
Early Notables of the Francks family (pre 1700)
During this early period, notable bearers of the name Francks included Sebastian Franck (1499-1543), a freethinker and one of the first German historians. J.W. Franck (1644-1700) was a composer of operas; August...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Francks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Francks migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Francks Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Henry Francks, who settled in Virginia in 1664
- Henry Francks, who arrived in Virginia in 1664 
- Thomas Francks, who arrived in Maryland in 1668 
- Isaac Francks, who landed in Maryland in 1672 
Contemporary Notables of the name Francks (post 1700) +
- Cree Summer Francks (b. 1969), American-Canadian actress, voice actress and singer, daughter of Don Francks
- Rainbow Sun Francks (b. 1979), Canadian actor and singer, known for his role as Lt. Aiden Ford in the television show Stargate Atlantis, son of Don Francks
- Donald Harvey "Don" Francks (1932-2016), also named Iron Buffalo, a Canadian actor, vocalist and jazz musician, known for his roles in La Femme Nikita (1997), Heavy Metal (1981) and I'm Not There. (2007) and many more television appearances on Mission: Impossible, Jericho, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The
Wild Wild West, and Mannix
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)