Frahm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Frahm lie in the northern regions of Schleswig-Holstein. The name is derived from the Middle High German "vrame," meaning "competent, capable, upright, fit." It is likely that Frahm was originally bestowed as a nickname, and then passed down along the family line as a hereditary surname. The name is concentrated within the areas of Hamburg, Bremen, and Rostock, where the Low German dialect is spoken.
Early Origins of the Frahm family
The surname Frahm was first found in the Low-German speaking areas of North Germany, where the name first emerged. The earliest known bearer of the name was Vrome Johan, who lived in the Holstein region in 1343. The young Frahm family was instrumental during this early period, making major contributions to the development of medieval German society.
Early History of the Frahm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Frahm research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1343, 1495, 1690, 1779, and 1807 are included under the topic Early Frahm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Frahm Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Frahm, Framm, Fraemek, Fraehmek, Främeck, Frähmek, Vrame, Vrome, Vromeke and many more.
Early Notables of the Frahm family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Frahm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Frahm is the 12,630th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Frahm migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Frahm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Frahm, aged 32, who landed in Missouri in 1846 
- Miss Frahm, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1847 
- Claus Jurgen Frahm, who arrived in Iowa in 1848 
- Mathias Frahm, who arrived in Iowa in 1850 
- Charlotte Frahm, who arrived in North America in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Frahm (post 1700) +
- Herald Samuel Frahm (1906-1977), American football halfback who played from 1932 to 1935
- Richard Anthony"Richie" Frahm (b. 1977), American former professional basketball player
- Art Frahm (1907-1981), American painter of pin-up girls and advertising
- Sheila Sloan Frahm (b. 1945), American politician, United States Senator from Kansas in 1996, 44th Lieutenant Governor of Kansas (1995-1996)
- W. Frahm, German mathematician who worked on algebraic geometry in the late 1800s
- Nils Frahm (b. 1982), German musician, composer, and producer
- Jens Frahm (b. 1951), German Director of the Biomedizinische NMR Forschungs GmbH
- Hans Frahm (b. 1908), German bookseller, art critic, and poet
- Leanne Frahm (b. 1946), Australian writer of speculative short fiction; he won the 1996 Aurealis Award for best science fiction short story
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)