Foti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Foti family
The surname Foti was first found in Ferrara, a city and comune in Emilia-Romagna, northern Italy, capital city of the Province of Ferrara. History dates the city back to 753. It was at war with Venice in 1471. It is a walled city and notable is the Church of S.Cristoforo. Knitted goods and shawls are made. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Foti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Foti research. Another 162 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1317 and 1408 are included under the topic Early Foti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Foti Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fantino, Fantato, Fano, Fanti, Fantoni, Fani, Fantacci, Fantazzi, Fantazzini and many more.
Early Notables of the Foti family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Foti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Foti migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Foti Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Foti Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Louis Foti, who settled in New Orleans in 1838
Foti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Vincenzo Foti, who arrived in Arkansas in 1900
- Stefano Foti, who arrived in Arkansas in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name Foti (post 1700)
- Stephen Foti, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1924 
- Charles Foti, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Louisiana, 2004 
- Antonino "Tony" Foti (b. 1962), Italian General Manager of the Italian Softball League's San Marino Titano team
- Pasquale Foti (b. 1950), Italian entrepreneur, and president of Reggina Calcio
- Salvatore Foti (b. 1988), Italian footballer
- Adam Foti (b. 1984), Australian football striker of Italian descent
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html