on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Forcier family come from? What is the French Forcier family crest and coat of arms? When did the Forcier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Forcier family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Force, Forceville, Forcier and others.
First found in Dordogne.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Forcier research. Another 99 words(7 lines of text) covering the years 1654, 1721, 1800, 1820, 1845, 1848, and 1863 are included under the topic Early Forcier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 139 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Forcier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Forcier Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Pierre Forcier married in Quebec in 1674
- Marie-Marthe Forcier married in St-Francois-du-Lac in 1691
Forcier Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Marguerite Forcier married in Montreal in 1705
- Jacques Forcier married in St-Francois-du-Lac in 1706
- Teresa E. Forcier, former American Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Robert Patrick "Tate" Forcier (b. 1990), American college football quarterback from San Diego, California
- André Forcier (b. 1947), Canadian six-time Genie Award nominated film-maker from Montreal
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Forcier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Forcier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2014 at 21:34.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more