Folco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Folco family
The surname Folco was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Folco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Folco research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1484, 1820, 1481 and 1510 are included under the topic Early Folco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Folco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Folchi, Folco, Fulco, Folcio, Di Folca, Folcorelli, Fulk, Fulki, Folki, Folk, Fulcoli, Fulceri, Folcieri, Furgeri, Fulgeri and many more.
Early Notables of the Folco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Folco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Folco migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Folco Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Folco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Serafino Folco, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Ceano, Italy, in 1907
- Guiseppe Folco, aged 33, who landed in America from Maiola, Italy, in 1909
- Luigi Folco, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States from Cauca Campania, Italy, in 1911
- Carmine Folco, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from S. Carlo, Italy, in 1911
- Franchi Folco, aged 17, who landed in America from Gallmaro, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Folco (post 1700)
- Michel Folco (b. 1943), French writer
- Raymonde Folco (b. 1940), Canadian politician
- Peter Folco (b. 1953), retired Canadian professional NHL ice hockey player
- Folco Quilici (1930-2018), Italian film director and screenwriter
You May Also Like