Focke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Focke family
The surname Focke was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Utrecht, a city and capital of the province of Utrecht. The ramparts of this ancient city were destroyed in 1830. The Domkerk(1254) is on the site of the original church of St.Willibrord in 720. In the crypt are the hearts of Conrad II(1039) and Henry V(1125) two German Emperors. The Museum is notable for its relics and artifacts. Its tumultuous history was strongly influenced by religious conflict. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Focke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Focke research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1651, 1729, 1778, and 1815 are included under the topic Early Focke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Focke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fock, Focke, Fockes, Focck, Fockk, Foock, Fohck, Fockez, Fockz and many more.
Early Notables of the Focke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Focke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Focke migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Focke Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Eliz Focke, who settled in Virginia sometime between 1673 and 1674
Focke Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frederick C Focke, who landed in New York in 1784 
Focke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Jos Focke, who arrived in America in 1847 
- Henr Focke, who landed in America in 1849 
- F. Focke, who settled in North America sometime between 1832 and 1849
- H. Focke, who arrived in New Orleans in 1850
- Eberhard Focke, who arrived in New York, NY in 1863
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Focke (post 1700)
- Kathryn Focke, American Democrat politician, Chair of Riley County Democratic Party, 2011 
- W Focke, Actor
- Diana Focke, Production Manager
- Helmut Focke, Actor
- Barbara Focke, Actress
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html