Flom History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Flom family
The surname Flom was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. It was associated with the growing of plums. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Flom family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flom research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flom History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flom Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pflaum, Pflaumer, Pflaumbaum, Pfraumbaum, Prumbaum, Prumenbaum, Plum, Plume, Plumer, Plumbohm, Flaumenboim, Flaum, Flom, Plumbe, Plumb, Plumptre, Plumtre and many more.
Early Notables of the Flom family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Flom Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flom migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Flom Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adam Flom, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1831 
- Jacob Flom, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1831 
Contemporary Notables of the name Flom (post 1700)
- Arthur Flom, American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives 17th District, 1873 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html