Flickinger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Flickinger lie in the former duchy of Swabia. The name derives from the Middle High German word "vlicken," meaning "to patch," and was most likely originally borne by someone who patched shoes or fabric.
Early Origins of the Flickinger family
The surname Flickinger was first found in the duchy of Swabia. Martin Fluekk was one of the earliest recorded bearers of the name, residing in the city of Überlingen in 1294. The young Flickinger family was instrumental during this early period, playing an important role in the development of the region's society.
Early History of the Flickinger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flickinger research. Another 178 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1172, 1294, 1343, 1350, 1479, 1531, 1548, and 1842 are included under the topic Early Flickinger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flickinger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flickinger, Flick, Flicker, Fluecker, Flücker, Flicken, Fluekk, Flükk, Fluek, Flük, Fluekinger, Flükinger, Fluck, Flucker and many more.
Early Notables of the Flickinger family (pre 1700)
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flickinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flickinger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Flickinger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Flickinger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1729 
- Ulrich Flickinger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Peter Flickinger, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Ulrick Flickinger, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1761 
Flickinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Flickinger, who landed in St Clair County, LI in 1847 
- Jacob Balthasar Flickinger, aged 35, who landed in Missouri in 1848 
Contemporary Notables of the name Flickinger (post 1700) +
- Margaret Flickinger, American philanthropist who donated the Sierra Theater, Alamogordo, New Mexico to have it refitted as the Flickinger Center for Performing Arts
- Jason Flickinger (b. 1977), American two-time gold medalist rower
- Daniel Kumler Flickinger (1824-1911), American Bishop of the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, elected in 1885
- Bonnie Flickinger, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from California 37th District, 1988, 1990 
- Andy Flickinger (b. 1978), former French professional road bicycle racer, winner of the GP Ouest-France in 2003
- Daniel Flickinger, American audio engineer in the late 1960's and 1970's, who designed and manufactured some of the era's most important music recording consoles
- Bonnie Flickinger, American politician, former Mayor of Moreno Valley, California
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html