Flaum History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Flaum family
The surname Flaum was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. It was associated with the growing of plums. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Flaum family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flaum research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flaum History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flaum Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pflaum, Pflaumer, Pflaumbaum, Pfraumbaum, Prumbaum, Prumenbaum, Plum, Plume, Plumer, Plumbohm, Flaumenboim, Flaum, Flom, Plumbe, Plumb, Plumptre, Plumtre and many more.
Early Notables of the Flaum family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Flaum Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Flaum migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Flaum Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elizabeth C Flaum, aged 22, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Flaum (post 1700) ||+|
- Thea Flaum (b. 1938), born Thea Kharasch, an American nine-time Emmy Award winning television producer and president of the Hill Foundation for Families Living with Disabilities
- Marshall Flaum (1925-2010), American five-time Emmy Award winning and two-time Academy Award winning television director, producer and screenwriter
- Joel Martin Flaum (b. 1936), American jurist, Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (1983), Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (2000-2006)
- Sidney S. Flaum, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 23rd District, 1952 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html