Fisler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fisler family
The surname Fisler was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth, and held great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Important Dates for the Fisler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fisler research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1547 is included under the topic Early Fisler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fisler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Visser, Vissers, Vissere, Vesser, Vessler, Vasser, Vasseur, Fiser and many more.
Early Notables of the Fisler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fisler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fisler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fisler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Barvil Fisler, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Durst Fisler, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1759
Fisler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Fisler, aged 32, who landed in New York, NY in 1832 
- Jeidel Fisler, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States, in 1896
- Josepha Fisler, aged 4, who settled in America, in 1896
- Rebecca Fisler, aged 21, who immigrated to America, in 1896
Fisler Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Virginia Fisler, who landed in America, in 1906
- William V. Fisler, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Anne Fisler, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Arthur B. Fisler, aged 48, who landed in America, in 1907
- Istvan Fisler, aged 1, who landed in America, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fisler (post 1700)
- Weston Dickson Fisler (1841-1922), American baseball player who played for the Philadelphia Athletics (1871 to 1876)
- Lorenzo F. Fisler (1797-1871), American politician, Mayor of Camden, New Jersey, 1840-44, 1851-52, 1853-55; Defeated, 1848, 1852, 1859, 1866, 1869 
- George Fisler Sr., American politician, Candidate for Pennsylvania State Senate 2nd District, 1910 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html