Fishback History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fishback family
The surname Fishback was first found in Austria, where the name Fischbacher became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Fishback family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fishback research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 167 and 1675 are included under the topic Early Fishback History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fishback Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fischbacher, Fischbach, Fischborn, Vischbach and many more.
Early Notables of the Fishback family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fishback Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Fishback is the 12,427th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Fishback migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fishback Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannis Joseph Fishback, aged 20, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Dennis Fishback, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1777 
Fishback Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isaac H Fishback, who landed in Texas in 1835 
- Alexander Fishback, who landed in Mississippi in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Fishback (post 1700) +
- Ian Fishback (1979-2021), United States Army officer who became known after he sent a letter to Senator John McCain of Arizona on September 16, 2005, in which Fishback stated his concerns about the continued abuse of prisoners held under the auspices of the Global War on Terror 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Fishback