Fiset History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fiset family
The surname Fiset was first found in Ile-de-France.
Early History of the Fiset family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fiset research. More information is included under the topic Early Fiset History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiset Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fiset, Fisette, Fisse, Fisset, Fissette, Fissiau, Fisseau, Fissau, Fissiaux, Fisson, Fissont and many more.
Early Notables of the Fiset family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Jean-Louis Fisson-Jaubert, born in Cadillac in 1752, who became a doctor. In 1789 he was elected deputy to the States General. Charles-Marie-Joseph Fissiaux was ordained a Deacon and priest in 1831, vicar in 1832, and in 1839 he founded the society of Saint-Pierre aux Liens, a house established to care for children and young adults who had committed crimes. Alexis-Henri Fissot, born in Arianes (Somme) in 1843, was a musician and in 1855 won first...
Another 80 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fiset Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Quebec, Canada, the name Fiset is the 391st most popular surname. 
Fiset migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fiset Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- François-Abraham Fiset, son of Abraham and Catherine, who married Denyse Savard, daughter of Simon and Marie, in Château-Richer, Quebec on 5th February 1664 
- Abraham Fiset married in 1680 in L'Ange-Gardien
- Jean Fiset, son of François-Abraham and Denyse, who married Marie-Renée, daughter of Pierre and Renée, in Quebec on 1st February 1687 
- Marie Fiset married in 1690 in Quebec
Fiset Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- François Fiset, son of François and Denyse, who married Marie-Anne Pagé, daughter of Robert and Marguerite, in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec on 25th January 1708 
- Joseph Fiset, son of François and Denyse, who married Louise-Angélique Sylvestre, daughter of Nicolas and Jeanne, in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec on 1st April 1720 
- Charles Fiset, son of François-Abraham and Denyse, who married Angélique Dupuis, daughter of Nicolas and Marie-Madeleine, in Quebec on 22nd March 1723 
- Louis Fiset, son of Charles and Marie-Françoise, who married Madeleine Bonhomme, daughter of Ignace and Marie-Madeleine, in Lorette, Quebec on 13th August 1736 
- Louis Fiset, son of Louis and Marie-Anne, who married Marie-Anne Gaudin, daughter of Charles and Thérèse, in Les Écureuils, Quebec on 14th January 1743 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fiset (post 1700) +
- Edouard Fiset, architect and town planner from Montreal, and partner in Fiset-Miller
Related Stories +
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.