Fischel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Fischel arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Fischel family
The surname Fischel was first found in Saxony, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Important Dates for the Fischel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fischel research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1816, 1646, 1720, 1646, 1716, 1656, 1723, 1691 and 1766 are included under the topic Early Fischel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fischel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fischer, Ficher, Fisscher, Fisher, Fissher, Fisch, Fish, Fische and many more.
Early Notables of the Fischel family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Fischel at this time were Johann Fischer (1646-1720) was a composer in the French style; Johann Fischer (1646-1716), a German violinist, keyboardist and composer of the Baroque era; Edwin Fischer...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fischel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fischel migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fischel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Fischel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1742 
Fischel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Abraham Fischel, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- Hersch Fischel, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Julius Fischel, aged 34, who arrived in New York, NY in 1860 
- Miritz Fischel, aged 35, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1868 
- Moritz Fischel, aged 35, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1868 
Contemporary Notables of the name Fischel (post 1700)
- Harry Fischel (1865-1948), American businessman and philanthropist
- Leon A. Fischel, American Democrat politician, Member of New York State Senate 17th District, 1937-38 
- Mario Fischel, German actor
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html