Fiorito History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fiorito family
The surname Fiorito was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Fiorito family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fiorito research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1790 is included under the topic Early Fiorito History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiorito Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fiori, Fioa, Fior, Fiorello, Floris, Flores, Dal Fiore, Dalla Fior, Di Fiore, La Fiore, Fiorelli, Fiorella, Fiorita, Fiorito, Fioruzzi, Fioroni, Fiorato, Fiorese, Fiordigiglio, Fiordalisa, Fiordelisi, Dal Fiore, Fiorellino and many more.
Early Notables of the Fiorito family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fiorito Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiorito migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Fiorito Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Fiorito Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Benveunto Fiorito, aged 54, who immigrated to the United States from Naples, in 1897
- Angelo Fiorito, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Zorrecuso, in 1898
Fiorito Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Calogero Fiorito, aged 16, who settled in America from Calaserbetta, in 1903
- Antonetta Fiorito, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from Cerreto Sammit, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Fiorito, aged 19, who landed in America from Paupiso, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Maria Fiorito, aged 24, who landed in America from Ripabottoni, Ittaly, in 1911
- Agata Fiorito, aged 20, who landed in America from Alia, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fiorito (post 1700)
- John Fiorito (b. 1936), American baritone opera singer
You May Also Like