Fiorelli History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fiorelli family
The surname Fiorelli was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Fiorelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fiorelli research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1790 is included under the topic Early Fiorelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiorelli Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fiori, Fioa, Fior, Fiorello, Floris, Flores, Dal Fiore, Dalla Fior, Di Fiore, La Fiore, Fiorelli, Fiorella, Fiorita, Fiorito, Fioruzzi, Fioroni, Fiorato, Fiorese, Fiordigiglio, Fiordalisa, Fiordelisi, Dal Fiore, Fiorellino and many more.
Early Notables of the Fiorelli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fiorelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiorelli migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fiorelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Fiorelli, aged 29, who landed in America from Isola Lilu, Italy, in 1906
- Achille Fiorelli, aged 16, who landed in America from Cerreto, Italy, in 1909
- Beneditta Fiorelli, aged 26, who landed in America from S. Agata, Militello, Sicily, in 1909
- Attilio Fiorelli, aged 23, who settled in America from Ferentillo, Italy, in 1912
- Annita Fiorelli, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States from Formello, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fiorelli (post 1700) +
- Aldo Fiorelli (1915-1983), Italian actor who appeared in around thirty films between 1938 and 1960
- Giuseppe Fiorelli (1823-1896), Italian archaeologist, known for his extensive work at Pompeii, Director of the Naples National Archaeological Museum from 1863 until his death in 1896
Related Stories +