Early Origins of the Fiordelisi family
The surname Fiordelisi was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Fiordelisi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fiordelisi research.Another 331 words (24 lines of text) covering the year 1790 is included under the topic Early Fiordelisi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fiordelisi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Fiori, Fioa, Fior, Fiorello, Floris, Flores, Dal Fiore, Dalla Fior, Di Fiore, La Fiore, Fiorelli, Fiorella, Fiorita, Fiorito, Fioruzzi, Fioroni, Fiorato, Fiorese, Fiordigiglio, Fiordalisa, Fiordelisi, Dal Fiore, Fiorellino and many more.
Early Notables of the Fiordelisi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fiordelisi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fiordelisi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fiordelisi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Tommaso Fiordelisi, aged 28, who arrived in America, in 1895
- Vincenzo Fiordelisi, aged 25, who arrived in America from Muguano, in 1899
Fiordelisi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Rocco Fiordelisi, aged 28, who arrived in America from Laurenzana, Italy, in 1907
- Luigi Fiordelisi, aged 41, who arrived in America from Morano, Italy, in 1907
- Ernesto Fiordelisi, aged 35, who arrived in America from Naples, Italy, in 1909
- Alfonso Fiordelisi, aged 36, who arrived in America from Quadrelle, Italy, in 1910
- Domenico Fiordelisi, aged 3, who arrived in America from Quadrelle, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fiordelisi (post 1700)
- Rocco J. Fiordelisi III, CIMA, CPWA,, American Senior Vice President at Dana Investment Advisors, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Franco Fiordelisi, Italian associate professor of Banking and Finance at the University of Rome and author, best known for his Mergers and Acquisitions in European Banking (2009)
- Antonio Fiordelisi, Italian founder of Fiordeslisi, an Italian produce supplier in 1954