Feuerstein History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Feuerstein derives from the German word "feuer" meaning "fire," and was probably an occupational name for someone who worked with fire such as a smith, a fire lighter, or a person who took care of the heating a household. The word "stein" means "stone;" and so, together "feuer" and "stein," can mean "flint."
Early Origins of the Feuerstein family
The surname Feuerstein was first found in Austria, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Wernher Fürstein in 1160.
Important Dates for the Feuerstein family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Feuerstein research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1347, 1524, 1757 and 1793 are included under the topic Early Feuerstein History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Feuerstein Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Feuerstein, Fürstein, Feuererstein, Feirerstein, Feuersten, Faierstein, Fayerstein and many more.
Early Notables of the Feuerstein family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Feuerstein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Feuerstein migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Feuerstein Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Feuerstein Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Feuerstein, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Georg Philip Feuerstein, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Contemporary Notables of the name Feuerstein (post 1700)
- Hugh George Feuerstein (1918-1993), American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for supervisor of Ypsilanti Township, Michigan, 1959 
- Adam S. Feuerstein, American Republican politician, Candidate for Maryland State House of Delegates District 16, 1998 
- Abram S. Feuerstein, American politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 17th District, 1984 
- Mark Feuerstein (b. 1971), American actor
- Georg Feuerstein (b. 1947), German-American Indologist
- Herbert Feuerstein (b. 1937), German comedian and entertainer
- Bedrich Feuerstein (1892-1936), Czech architect, painter, and essayist
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html