Ferrera History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ferrera family
The surname Ferrera was first found in Portugal, where the surname Ferrera was most likely used initially as an occupational name for a blacksmith. Such a heritage is demonstrated by the coat of arms of one branch of this family that features fourteen iron cauldrons and the crest of another branch that features an ostrich with a horseshoe in its beak.
Early History of the Ferrera family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ferrera research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ferrera History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ferrera Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ferrara, Ferrera, Ferrari, Ferraro, Ferreri, Ferreria, Ferrer, Ferrera, Ferrero, Ferreira, Herrera, Ferrarius, Ferriere, Ferrieres, Ferrea, Ferrarese, Ferraresi, Farreras, Farrera, Farreres, Ferri, Fierro, Hiero, Fer, Ferretti, Ferrettini, Ferretto, Ferrettino, Ferrin, Ferrini, Ferrino, Ferrucci, Ferruzzi, Ferrulli, Ferrotti, Ferroli, Ferroni, Ferron, Ferrone and many more.
Early Notables of the Ferrera family (pre 1700)
Prominent members of the family include Lord Alvaro Rodrigues Ferreira, who was listed at Leon in 1170; Cristóvão Ferreira (1580-1650), Portuguese Jesuit missionary to Japan who apostacized...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ferrera Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ferrera migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ferrera Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernardo Ferrera, aged 55, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1820 
- Francisco Ferrera, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1823 
- Pedro Ferrera, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Vicente Ferrera, aged 69, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Bisente Ferrera, aged 69, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ferrera (post 1700) +
- America Georgine Ferrera (b. 1984), American Golden Globe Award and Primetime Emmy Award winning actress, best known for her leading role as Betty Suarez in Ugly Betty (2006-2010)
- Serafina Ferrera, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1964
- Anthony Ferrera, American politician, Mayor of Hillsborough Township, New Jersey, 2007
- Miguel Adrian Ferrera Rodríguez (b. 1981), Honduran taekwondo at the 2008 Summer Olympics, nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony
- Dennis Gustavo Ferrera (b. 1980), retired Honduran football midfielder, member of the Honduras National Team (2005-2007)
- Francisco Ferrera (1794-1851), President of Honduras (1833-1834) and (1841-1844)
- Emilio Ferrera (b. 1967), Belgian former footballer and currently coach of OH Leuven
- Manu Ferrera (b. 1958), Spanish-Belgian football coach
- Yannick Ferrera (b. 1980), Belgian former professional footballer and current football manager at Standard Liège
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)