Ferraz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ferraz family
The surname Ferraz was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Ferraz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ferraz research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ferraz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ferraz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ferran, Ferrani, Ferranin, Ferra, Ferrons, Ferrin and many more.
Early Notables of the Ferraz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ferraz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ferraz family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Estaban Ferrin who immigrated to Peru in 1534 and Juan Ferron who arrived in New Spain in 1569 with his wife Antonia Ortiz and two children. Later settlers included Margarita Ferran who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816 and Juan Ferran, a Spanish soldier, who came to New Orleans in 1825..
|Contemporary Notables of the name Ferraz (post 1700) ||+|
- Valentín Ferraz y Barrau (1792-1866), Spanish military officer and politician
- Silvio Ferraz (b. 1959), Brazilian composer
- Salomão Barbosa Ferraz (1880-1969), Brazilian priest and bishop
- Maria Carolina Álvares Ferraz (b. 1968), Brazilian dancer and actress
- Joaquim Miguel Leitao De Freitas "Quim" Ferraz (b. 1974), Portuguese footballer