Ferey History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Ferey family
The surname Ferey was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in South Holland, a province of Holland, the most crowded province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Rotterdam, Leyden and Shiedam. Noted is the famed castle of Teilengen where Jacqueline of Bavaria is buried. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Ferey family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ferey research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1585, 1650, 1625, 1689, 1651, 1656, 1655, 1717 and 1707 are included under the topic Early Ferey History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ferey Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Verwey, Verwel, Verwer, Verwers, Varver, Varwery, Ferey, Ferfey and many more.
Early Notables of the Ferey family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Abraham de Verwer (1585-1650), a Dutch Golden Age painter from Haarlem, known for his seascapes; and his son and pupil, Justus de Verwer (c.1625-1689), a Dutch painter and illustrator who produced primarily marine...
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ferey Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ferey migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Ferey Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Ferey Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Maria Ferey, who settled in Philadelphia in 1734
- Perine Ferey, who arrived in Cayenne in 1764
- Louis Ferey, who settled in Cayenne in 1764
- Peter Ferey, who settled in Maryland in 1774
Contemporary Notables of the name Ferey (post 1700)
- Gérard Férey (1941-2017), French chemist, Fellow of the French Academy of Sciences, recipient of the CNRS Gold medal (2010)
- Claude François Ferey, Baron de Rosengath, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
You May Also Like
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 4) Claude Ferey. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html