The roots of the distinguished German surname Fenstermaker lie in the former kingdom of Bohemia. The name can be literally translated as "window maker," and was likely initially used to identify someone who practiced this occupation.
Early Origins of the Fenstermaker family
The surname Fenstermaker was first found in Bohemia, where the earliest known documents recording the use of the name have been found. The earliest known bearer of the name was Fensterlin, who was living in Bohemia in 1390. The young Fenstermaker family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of medieval Bohemian society.
Early History of the Fenstermaker family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fenstermaker research.Another 217 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1390, 1440, 1492, and 1669 are included under the topic Early Fenstermaker History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fenstermaker Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Fenstermacher, Fenstermaker, Venstermeker, Fenstermann, Fenster, Fensterlin, Venster, Venstermaker, Fensterer, Fenstermacker, Fenstenmacher and many more.
Early Notables of the Fenstermaker family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fenstermaker Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fenstermaker family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fenstermaker Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs T.A. Fenstermaker, aged 32, who settled in America, in 1894
- Thomas A. Fenstermaker, aged 40, who emigrated to America, in 1894
Fenstermaker Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Thomas Fenstermaker, aged 48, who landed in America, in 1903
- Mrs. Thomas Fenstermaker, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Paul Fenstermaker, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1912
- Marie Fenstermaker, aged 55, who emigrated to the United States, in 1913
Contemporary Notables of the name Fenstermaker (post 1700)
- J Ralph Fenstermaker (b. 1891), company executive in Indiana
- L Ross Fenstermaker, owner of the thoroughbred racehorse Precisionist who won the 1985 Breeders' Cup Sprint