Fenstermacher History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Fenstermacher lie in the former kingdom of Bohemia. The name can be literally translated as "window maker," and was likely initially used to identify someone who practiced this occupation.
Early Origins of the Fenstermacher family
The surname Fenstermacher was first found in Bohemia, where the earliest known documents recording the use of the name have been found. The earliest known bearer of the name was Fensterlin, who was living in Bohemia in 1390. The young Fenstermacher family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of medieval Bohemian society.
Early History of the Fenstermacher family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fenstermacher research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1390, 1440, 1492, and 1669 are included under the topic Early Fenstermacher History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fenstermacher Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fenstermacher, Fenstermaker, Venstermeker, Fenstermann, Fenster, Fensterlin, Venster, Venstermaker, Fensterer, Fenstermacker, Fenstenmacher and many more.
Early Notables of the Fenstermacher family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fenstermacher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Fenstermacher is the 16,168th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Fenstermacher migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fenstermacher Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Philip Fenstermacher, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737 
- Wilhelm Fenstermacher, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- Jakob Fenstermacher, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- Matheis Fenstermacher, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- Mathias Fenstermacher, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Fenstermacher (post 1700) ||+|
- John P. S. Fenstermacher, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Kutztown, Pennsylvania, 1897-1909 
- Frank Fenstermacher, German musician, best known for his work with Der Plan, a German electronic music group from Düsseldorf formed in 1979
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html