FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Felty family come from? What is the Dutch Felty family crest and coat of arms? When did the Felty family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Felty family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Feltz, Felt, Felts, van der Feltz, van der Felt, vand der Felts, de Feltz, de Felt, de Felts, von der Felt and many more.
First found in Holland, where the name van der Feltz became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Felty research. Another 277 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1867 and 1882 are included under the topic Early Felty History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Felty Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Felty Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
The Felty Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Felty Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 December 2013 at 16:09.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.