Feldt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Feldt family
The surname Feldt was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Feldt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Feldt research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1689, 1871, 1802 and 1882 are included under the topic Early Feldt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Feldt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Feldman, Feldmann, Felden, Veldeman, Veldman, Feldmann, Felldmann, Felldman, Fehldmann, Fehldman, Feldtmann, Feltman, Feltmann, Feldtman, Veldmann, Veldman, Velldmann, Velldman, Vehldman, Veltman and many more.
Early Notables of the Feldt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Feldt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Feldt migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Feldt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John G Thees Feldt, who arrived in New York in 1822 
Contemporary Notables of the name Feldt (post 1700) +
- Gustav Waldemar Klaus Feldt (1912-2010), German Korvettenkapitän with the Kriegsmarine during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Kurt Feldt (1897-1970), German General der Kavallerie in the Wehrmacht during World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Commander Eric Augustas Feldt OBE, RAN (1899-1968), Australian officer in the Royal Australian Navy, director of the Coastwatchers organization for much of the Second World War
- Kyle Feldt (b. 1992), Australian professional rugby league footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)