Fechter History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: Dutch
Early Origins of the Fechter family
The surname Fechter was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Fechter family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fechter research.Another 299 words (21 lines of text) covering the year 1522 is included under the topic Early Fechter History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fechter Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Victor, Victoria, Vechter, Vechten, Viechter, Fichter and many more.
Early Notables of the Fechter family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fechter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fechter family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fechter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Charlotta Fechter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Anna Margaretha Fechter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1741
Fechter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- August Fechter, who settled in New York, NY in 1865
- Elise Fechter, who settled in America in 1867
- Elisabeth Kuhn Fechter, who settled in America in 1881
- Adelaid Fechter, who arrived in Baltimore in 1887
Fechter Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Eugen Fechter, who arrived in New York, NY in 1907
- Eugen Fechter, who settled in New York, NY in 1907
Contemporary Notables of the name Fechter (post 1700)
- Louis Fechter Sr. (1851-1921), American Republican politician, Member of New York State Senate 48th District, 1905-06 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Charles Albert Fechter (1824-1879), Anglo-French actor, was born, probably in London, of French parents, although his mother was of Piedmontese and his father of German extraction
Fechter Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html