Fardella History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fardella family
The surname Fardella was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Fardella family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fardella research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1045, 1629, 1706, 1650 and 1718 are included under the topic Early Fardella History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fardella Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Farella, Faralla, Fardella, Farrella, Fadella and others.
Early Notables of the Fardella family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fardella Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fardella migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Fardella Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Fardella Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ant'no Fardella, aged 23, who landed in America from Naples, in 1897
Fardella Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Fardella, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States from Lougana, in 1902
- Giovanna Fardella, aged 14, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1906
- Dominico Fardella, aged 38, who immigrated to the United States from Laugow, in 1907
- Giovanni Fardella, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Mondragoni, Italy, in 1909
- Andrea Fardella, aged 28, who settled in America from Longano, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Fardella (post 1700)
- Vincenzo Fardella di Torrearsa (1808-1889), Italian statesman, 8th President of the Senate (1870-1874)
You May Also Like