Falcucci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Falcucci family
The surname Falcucci was first found in the region of Lombardy, where earliest records date back to the year 1000. At this time, Ettore Falcone and his family moved from Lombardy to the city of Messina, in Sicily.
Early History of the Falcucci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falcucci research. Another 32 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1600, 1649, 1702, 1798, 1642, 1724 and 1838 are included under the topic Early Falcucci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falcucci Spelling Variations
Surnames that originated in Italy are characterized by an enormous number of spelling variations. Some of these are derived from regional traditions and dialects. Northern names, for instance, often end in "o", while southern names tend to end in "i". Other variations come from the fact the medieval scribes tended to spell according to the sound of words, rather than any particular set of rules. The recorded variations of Falcucci include Falco, Falchi, Falqui, Falcoz, De Falco, Di falco, Falchetto, Falchetti, Falchetta, Falchini, Falcucci, Falcone, Falconici, Falconetti, Falconi, Falconio, Falchieri and many more.
Early Notables of the Falcucci family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Giovanni-Antonio Falconi, who gloriously defended Otranto against the Turks in 1480. Placido Falconi was a composer of church music and a member of the Benedictine order in Asola in the mid 16th century. Aniello Falcone was an artist born in 1600, who founded a school of battle painting in Naples. He is also famous for teaching Salvator Rosa. Andrea Falconieri was a prominent composer in Naples around this time. Francesco Falconi was mayor of Sassuolo...
Another 85 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falcucci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falcucci migration to the United States +
Some of the first North American settlers with Falcucci name or one of its variants:
Falcucci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Pasquale Falcucci, aged 29, who landed in America from Flumeri, in 1900
- Luigi Falcucci, aged 31, who landed in America from Bruttoli, in 1901
- Nicola Falcucci, aged 16, who settled in America from Atessa, in 1904
- Pietro Falcucci, aged 18, who settled in America from Vipo, in 1906
- Beniamino Falcucci, aged 34, who landed in America from Visso, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Falcucci (post 1700) +
- Joseph Falcucci, French actor who has appeared in over 30 titles
- Colomba Falcucci, contemporary French assistant director, known for his work on A Christmas Tale (2008) and Amour (2012)
- Robert Falcucci (1900-1989), French illustrator
Related Stories +