Falco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Falco family
The surname Falco was first found in the region of Lombardy, where earliest records date back to the year 1000. At this time, Ettore Falcone and his family moved from Lombardy to the city of Messina, in Sicily.
Important Dates for the Falco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falco research. Another 32 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1600, 1649, 1702, 1798, 1642, 1724 and 1838 are included under the topic Early Falco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falco Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Falco are Falco, Falchi, Falqui, Falcoz, De Falco, Di falco, Falchetto, Falchetti, Falchetta, Falchini, Falcucci, Falcone, Falconici, Falconetti, Falconi, Falconio, Falchieri and many more.
Early Notables of the Falco family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Giovanni-Antonio Falconi, who gloriously defended Otranto against the Turks in 1480. Placido Falconi was a composer of church music and a member of the Benedictine order in Asola in the mid 16th century. Aniello Falcone was an artist born in 1600, who founded a school of battle painting in Naples. He is also famous for teaching Salvator Rosa. Andrea Falconieri was a prominent composer in Naples around this time. Francesco Falconi was mayor of Sassuolo...
Another 85 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falco migration to the United States
Some of the first immigrants to cross the Atlantic and come to North America carried the name Falco, or a variant listed above:
Falco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Achilla F. H. Falco, who settled in Colorado in 1879
Falco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Michele Falco was naturalized in Ashtabula Co. OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
- Abramo Calogero Falco, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Racalmuto, Girgenti, Italy, in 1907
- Abramo Falco, aged 2, who settled in America from Naro, Sicily, in 1910
- Agostino Falco, aged 16, who landed in America from Sicily, in 1910
- Alessandro Falco, aged 20, who immigrated to America from Airola, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Falco (post 1700)
- Randel A. "Randy" Falco (b. 1953), American media executive, CEO of Univision Communications Inc. (2011-)
- Mathea Falco (b. 1944), American former Assistant Secretary of State under the Carter Administration
- Louis Falco (1942-1993), American dancer and choreographer
- Charles M. Falco (b. 1948), American experimental physicist
- Edie Falco (b. 1963), American actress in drama and comedy, she is the first actress ever to sweep the top three television awards for her role in the Sopranos
- Tav Falco, American-born musical performer, performance artist, actor and filmmaker
- Anthony G. Di Falco, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly, 1969-75 
- Domenico Falco (b. 1985), former Italian professional footballer, member of the Italy National Team in 2005
- Tea Falco (b. 1986), Italian multiple award winning actress, known for Me and You (2012), Sotto una buona stella (2014) and La solita commedia: Inferno (2015)
- Albert Falco (1927-2012), French Chief Diver, and later Captain of the RV Calypso, the longest-serving diving companions of Jacques Cousteau
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html