on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Italian Falchetti family come from? What is the Italian Falchetti family crest and coat of arms? When did the Falchetti family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Falchetti family history?
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Falchetti are Falco, Falchi, Falqui, Falcoz, De Falco, Di falco, Falchetto, Falchetti, Falchetta, Falchini, Falcucci, Falcone, Falconici, Falconetti, Falconi, Falconio, Falchieri and many more.
First found in the region of Lombardy, where earliest records date back to the year 1000. At this time, Ettore Falcone and his family moved from Lombardy to the city of Messina, in Sicily.
Another 319 words (23 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falchetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first immigrants to cross the Atlantic and come to North America carried the name Falchetti, or a variant listed above:
Falchetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Falchetti, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Aurelia Falchetti, aged 22, who landed in America from Castelraimondo, Italy, in 1911
- Decio Falchetti, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Guerino Falchetti, aged 0, who landed in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- Pacifico Falchetti, aged 2, who settled in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Falchetti Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Falchetti Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 July 2015 at 08:03.
on orders of $85 or more