Early Origins of the Falchetti family
The surname Falchetti was first found in the region of Lombardy
, where earliest records date back to the year 1000. At this time, Ettore Falcone and his family moved from Lombardy
to the city of Messina, in Sicily.
Early History of the Falchetti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falchetti research.Another 300 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1480, 1600, 1649, 1702, 1798, 1642, 1724 and 1838 are included under the topic Early Falchetti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falchetti Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations
of Falchetti are Falco, Falchi, Falqui, Falcoz, De Falco, Di falco, Falchetto, Falchetti, Falchetta, Falchini, Falcucci, Falcone, Falconici, Falconetti, Falconi, Falconio, Falchieri and many more.
Early Notables of the Falchetti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Giovanni-Antonio Falconi, who gloriously defended Otranto against the Turks in 1480. Placido Falconi was a composer of church music and a member of the Benedictine order in Asola in the mid 16th century. Aniello Falcone was an artist born in 1600... Another 119 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falchetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Falchetti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first immigrants to cross the Atlantic and come to North America carried the name Falchetti, or a variant listed above:
Falchetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Falchetti, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Aurelia Falchetti, aged 22, who landed in America from Castelraimondo, Italy, in 1911
- Decio Falchetti, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Guerino Falchetti, aged 0, who landed in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- Pacifico Falchetti, aged 2, who settled in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)