on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Falchetti family come from? What is the Italian Falchetti family crest and coat of arms? When did the Falchetti family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Falchetti family history?
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Falchetti are Falco, Falchi, Falqui, Falcoz, De Falco, Di falco, Falchetto, Falchetti, Falchetta, Falchini, Falcucci, Falcone, Falconici, Falconetti, Falconi, Falconio, Falchieri and many more.
First found in the region of Lombardy, where earliest records date back to the year 1000. At this time, Ettore Falcone and his family moved from Lombardy to the city of Messina, in Sicily.
Another 319 words(23 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falchetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first immigrants to cross the Atlantic and come to North America carried the name Falchetti, or a variant listed above:
Falchetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Falchetti, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Aurelia Falchetti, aged 22, who landed in America from Castelraimondo, Italy, in 1911
- Decio Falchetti, aged 16, who emigrated to the United States from Pievetorina, Italy, in 1911
- Guerino Falchetti, aged 0, who landed in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- Pacifico Falchetti, aged 2, who settled in America from Castelraunido, Italy, in 1911
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Falchetti Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Falchetti Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 October 2011 at 12:41.
on orders of $85 or more