in the province of Cunco. The old castle of the Maruises of Saluzzo built in 1142 is now a prison, There is a Gothic cathedral with the tombs of the marquises. The Casa Cavazza is notable and is the city museum. King Henry IV restored the marquisate in 1601. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falce research.Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1202, 1337 and 1404 are included under the topic Early Falce History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Fallica, Falcucci, Falchi, Falci, Falqui, Falchetti, Falchini, Falca, Falce, Falucci and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Angelo Falci, aged 34, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Caltaniosetta, Italy, in 1907; Angelo Falci, aged 38, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Caltanissetta, Sicily
, in 1911.