Early Origins of the Fagnani family
The surname Fagnani was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Fagnani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fagnani research.Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1389, 1313 and 1678 are included under the topic Early Fagnani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fagnani Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Veguilla, Vegliani, Fagagna, Fagareti, Fagioli, Fagiuoli, Faffiola and many more.
Early Notables of the Fagnani family (pre 1700)
Another 20 words (1 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fagnani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fagnani family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fagnani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Fagnani, aged 78, who landed in America from Turin, Italy, in 1911
- Antonio Fagnani, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Vasto, Italy, in 1911
- Alfano Fagnani, aged 19, who landed in America from Trivento, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio Fagnani, aged 57, who settled in America from S. Angelo, Italy, in 1913
- Antonio Fagnani, aged 2, who landed in America from Filla, Italy, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)