Evangelista History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Evangelista family
The surname Evangelista was first found in Verona, a city in Venetia Italy, capital of the province of Verona. This ancient city was the chief town of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe and became a Latin town in 89 B.C. It became part of Lombardy(568,) Frankish, Bartolmeo ruled and died in 1304. It is said to be the home of Romeo and Juliet. The city is rich in churches, museums, galleries, paintings, sculptures, statues and monuments. The cathedral was consecrated in 1187. The Evangalisti family find their roots in the Casa dei Mercanti in 1447. Their early activities showed them as noble advisors to the city administration and in 1502 they are mentioned as nobile Consiglio. in 1527 the are merchant providers for the city. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Evangelista family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Evangelista research. Another 78 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Evangelista History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Evangelista Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Evangelisti, Evangelisto, Evangelista and others.
Early Notables of the Evangelista family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Evangelista Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Evangelista migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Evangelista Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alessandro Evangelista, aged 30, who landed in America from Aquino, in 1905
- Adelaide Evangelista, aged 32, who settled in America from Marigliano, in 1906
- Anatolio Evangelista, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Roccadimezzo, in 1906
- Anna Evangelista, aged 15, who settled in America from Vallata, in 1906
- Caterina Evangelista, aged 21, who landed in America from Patti, Italy, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Evangelista (post 1700) +
- Daniella Evangelista (b. 1982), Canadian actress and model
- Juan Evangelista (1929-1980), first Puerto Rican to win an Olympic medal
- Alfredo E. Evangelista (1926-2008), Filipino archeologist
- Frankie Evangelista (1934-2004), Filipino radio and television broadcaster of ABS-CBN since 1953
- Linda Evangelista (b. 1965), best known as the supermodel's supermodel of the early 1990s
- Juan Evangelista Venegas (1929-1980), the first Puerto Rican to win an Olympic medal
- Evangelista Torricelli (1608-1647), Italian physicist
Related Stories +