Euler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Euler is of German origin. It is derived from the Middle High German word "ile" or "ulner," meaning "pot-maker." It is likely that the progenitor of the name was a practitioner of this profession.
Early Origins of the Euler family
The surname Euler was first found in Hessen, where it first emerged. The earliest recorded bearer of the name was Cunrad Ulenere, who lived in the city of Dieburg in 1276. The young Euler family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of medieval society in Hessen.
Early History of the Euler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Euler research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1276, 1362, 1460, 1598, 1707, 1730, 1783, and 1785 are included under the topic Early Euler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Euler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Euler, Eulers, Eyler, Ulenere, Eulener, Auler, Aulner and many more.
Early Notables of the Euler family (pre 1700)
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Euler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Euler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Euler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Euler, who landed in America in 1749 
- Claus Euler, who arrived in New York, NY in 1750 
- Philip Euler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
- William B Euler, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1792 
- Ann Catherin Euler, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1792 
Euler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Conrad Euler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802 
- Jacob Euler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1802 
- Simon Euler, who landed in Ohio in 1826 
- Franz Euler, aged 32, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Cathe Euler, aged 26, who arrived in New York in 1854 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Euler (post 1700) +
- William F. Euler, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Pennsylvania, 1916 
- John C. Euler, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania at-large, 1918 
- Charles Euler, American politician, Member of Iowa American Independent State Central Committee, 1971; American Independent Candidate for Presidential Elector for Iowa, 1972 
- August Euler (1868-1957), German pioneer aviator, aircraft constructor and the holder of the first Germany Pilots licence
- Hans Heinrich Euler (1909-1941), German physicist
- Ulf Svante von Euler FRS (1905-1983), Swedish physiologist and pharmacologist who won a Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (1970)
- Carl Hieronymus Euler (1834-1901), Swiss farmer and amateur ornithologist
- Leonhard Euler (1707-1783), Swiss mathematician and physicist
- Euler Granda (1935-2018), Ecuadorian poet, writer, and psychiatrist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 16) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html