on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Eubanks family come from? What is the English Eubanks family crest and coat of arms? When did the Eubanks family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Eubanks family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ewbank, Ewbanke, Ewbanks, Eubank, Ewbanck and others.
First found in Durham where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eubanks research. Another 136 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eubanks History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Eubanks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eubanks Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- James Eubanks, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Virgil Eubanks, aged 38, who emigrated to Durham, N.C., in 1923
- Sergeant Ray E Eubanks (1922-1944), American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Bob Eubanks (b. 1983), American game show host
- Gordon Eubanks, American computer industry executive
- John Eubanks, American NFL football player
- Kevin Tyrone Eubanks (b. 1957), American jazz guitarist, leader of the Tonight Show Band since 1995
- Robin Eubanks (b. 1955), American jazz slide trombonist
- Robert Leland "Bob" Eubanks (b. 1938), American television /radio personality and game show host, recipient of a lifetime achievement Emmy Award (2005), best known for hosting the game show The Newlywed Game
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
The Eubanks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Eubanks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 June 2014 at 11:49.
on orders of $85 or more