on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Eubanks family come from? What is the English Eubanks family crest and coat of arms? When did the Eubanks family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Eubanks family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ewbank, Ewbanke, Ewbanks, Eubank, Ewbanck and others.
First found in Durham where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eubanks research. Another 136 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eubanks History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Eubanks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eubanks Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- James Eubanks, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Virgil Eubanks, aged 38, who emigrated to Durham, N.C., in 1923
- Sergeant Ray E Eubanks (1922-1944), American soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Bob Eubanks (b. 1983), American game show host
- Gordon Eubanks, American computer industry executive
- John Eubanks, American NFL football player
- Kevin Tyrone Eubanks (b. 1957), American jazz guitarist, leader of the Tonight Show Band since 1995
- Robin Eubanks (b. 1955), American jazz slide trombonist
- Robert Leland "Bob" Eubanks (b. 1938), American television /radio personality and game show host, recipient of a lifetime achievement Emmy Award (2005), best known for hosting the game show The Newlywed Game
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
The Eubanks Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Eubanks Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2015 at 20:04.
on orders of $85 or more