Ettling History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ettling family
The surname Ettling was first found in Swabia, where since medieval times the name Ettlinger has been closely associated to the political and social advancements of the region's feudal society. In later years the family merged with other distinguished houses, thereby enhancing and extending its influence. The possible origin of the name is the town of Ettlingen, south of Karlsruhe.
Early History of the Ettling family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ettling research. Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ettling History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ettling Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ettlingen, Ettlinge, Ettling, Etlinger, Etlingen,Ettlinger, Etlinge, Etling, Etting, Ettinger, Ettlingere, Ettlingel, Etlingere, Etlingel, Etlingle, Ettlingle, Ettinger, Eting, Ettingere, Ettingen and many more.
Early Notables of the Ettling family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ettling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ettling migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ettling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caroline Ettling, who arrived in Texas in 1840-1850 
- Carol Ettling, who settled in Texas in 1846
- P. Ettling, who settled in New York state in 1864
- P Ettling, aged 19, who landed in New York in 1864 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)