on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Etling was first found in Swabia, where since medieval times the name Ettlinger has been closely associated to the political and social advancements of the region's feudal
society. In later years the family merged with other distinguished houses, thereby enhancing and extending its influence. The possible origin of the name is the town of Ettlingen, south of Karlsruhe.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ettlingen, Ettlinge, Ettling, Etlinger, Etlingen,Ettlinger, Etlinge, Etling, Etting, Ettinger, Ettlingere, Ettlingel, Etlingere, Etlingel, Etlingle, Ettlingle, Ettinger, Eting, Ettingere, Ettingen and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Etling research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Etling History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Etling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Etling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Helene Margare and Philippe Etling all settled in New York state in 1854
- Peter Etling arrived in St. Clair County, Illinois in 1854
- Helene Etling, aged 18, arrived in New York in 1854
- Margare Etling, aged 46, landed in New York in 1854
- Peter Etling, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1854
- Daniel Patrick Etling (b. 1994), American football quarterback for the LSU Tigers football team
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
The Etling Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Etling Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 December 2015 at 07:55.
on orders of $85 or more