on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Estevez family come from? What is the Spanish Estevez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Estevez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Estevez family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Estevez is a proud sign of a rich and ancient heritage. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Estévez, Estevez, Estébez, Estebez, Esteva, Estevas, Estebas, Esteve, Esteves, Estévan, Estevan, Estéban, Esteban, Estébanez, Estebanez, Estévanez, Estevanez and many more.
First found in Galicia, in the northwestern region of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Estevez research. Another 610 words (44 lines of text) covering the years 1037, 1129, and 1139 are included under the topic Early Estevez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Estevez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Estévez sailed to America in 1528
- Lorenzo Estévez sailed to America in 1528
Estevez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Estevez, who arrived in America in 1828
- Lorenzo Estevez, who landed in America in 1828
- M Estevez, aged 21, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1832
- Roque Estevez, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Gregorio Estevez, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Renée Pilar Estevez (b. 1967), American actress and writer, daughter of Martin Sheen
- Joseph "Joe" Estevez (b. 1946), American actor, director, and producer, brother of Martin Sheen
- Emilio Estevez (b. 1962), American actor, director, and writer, known for his roles in The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Repo Man, The Mighty Ducks and many more
- Ramon Luis "Ray" Estevez (b. 1963), also known as Ramon Sheen, an American actor and director, son of Martin Sheen
- Juan A Estevez Jr., American entertainment management, marketing and production executive
- Carlos Irwin Estévez (b. 1965), birth name of Charlie Sheen, a Golden Globe Award-winning and Emmy-nominated American actor
- Ramon Gerardo Antonio Estevez (b. 1940), birth name of Martin Sheen, American Golden Globe, BAFTA and Emmy award winning film actor
- Cesar Estevez, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 12th District, 2000, 2002
- Carlos H. Estevez, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Louisiana, 1988
- Ana Estevez, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 2012
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Estevez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Estevez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 November 2015 at 11:36.
on orders of $85 or more