Esteva History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished Spanish surname Esteva is a proud sign of a rich and ancient heritage. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez."
Early Origins of the Esteva family
The surname Esteva was first found in Galicia, in the northwestern region of Spain.
Early History of the Esteva family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Esteva research. Another 305 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1037, 1129, and 1139 are included under the topic Early Esteva History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Esteva Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Estévez, Estevez, Estébez, Estebez, Esteva, Estevas, Estebas, Esteve, Esteves, Estévan, Estevan, Estéban, Esteban, Estébanez, Estebanez, Estévanez, Estevanez and many more.
Early Notables of the Esteva family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were eighteenth century Spanish composer Pablo Esteve y Grimau; nineteenth century Spanish journalist and politician Agustín Esteban Collantes; nineteenth century Spanish military officer...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Esteva Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Esteva migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Esteva Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Esteva, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1820 
- S Esteva, aged 55, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Francisco Esteva, aged 26, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1832 
- Sebastian Esteva, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1835 
- Bartolome Esteva, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Esteva (post 1700) +
- Carlos Esteva Jr., American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 1944 
- Adalberto A Esteva, Mexican lawyer and journalist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 16) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html