on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Esquivel family come from? What is the Spanish Esquivel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Esquivel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Esquivel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Esquivel, Esquibel, Esquille, Esquivelle, Esquibelle, Escivel, Escibel, Escivelle, Escibelle, Eskivel, Eskibel, Eskibelle, Eskivelle, Essquivel, Essquivelle, Essquibel, Essquibelle, Ezquivel, Ezquivelle, Ezquibel and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Esquivel research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Esquivel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Esquivel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Luis De Esquivel who immigrated to the Dominican Republic in 1534
- Ana De Esquivel who arrived in Peru in 1563
- Constanza De Esquivel who arrived in the Spanish main with two nieces in 1591
Esquivel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cristobal Esquivel, who landed in America in 1810
- Francisco De Esquivel, who landed in America in 1810
- Angel Esquivel, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Diego De Esquivel, who landed in America in 1816
- Juan De Esquivel, who arrived in America in 1826
- Steev Esquivel, Mexican-American heavy metal vocalist and bassist
- Sal Esquivel (b. 1948), American Republican politician from Oregon
- Juan de Esquivel (d. 1513), conquered the island of Jamaica for the Spanish Crown
- Sergio Esquivel, Mexican singer and songwriter
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Argentine architect and sculptor
- Juan García Esquivel (1918-2002), Mexican band leader, pianist, and composer for television and films
- Sir Manuel Esquivel (b. 1940), Belizean politician
- Carlos Esquivel (b. 1982), Mexican footballer
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (b. 1931), Argentine sculptor, architect and pacifist
- Laura Esquivel (b. 1950), Mexican author
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
The Esquivel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Esquivel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 March 2012 at 16:17.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more