on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Espino family come from? What is the Spanish Espino family crest and coat of arms? When did the Espino family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Espino family history?Noble surnames, such as Espino, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The Espino family name is derived from one of several places named Espinosa, found in a number of Spanish regions including Galicia and Vascongadas. The place-name Espinosa is derived from the word "espino," which means "hawthorn" and thus, the first bearer of this surname likely lived near a place where this tree grew in abundance.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Espinosa, Espinoso, Espinoza, Espinozo, Espina and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Espino research. Another 163 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1243, 1578, 1650, 1590, 1641, 1600, 1667, 1629, 1688, 1590 and 1595 are included under the topic Early Espino History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 155 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Espino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Espino Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego De Espino, who landed in America in 1810
- Pedro Espino, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1855
- Cayetano Espino, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1857
Espino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Petra Espino, aged 36, who landed in America from Barcelona, in 1907
- Ramom Espino, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Havana, Cuba, in 1909
- Andres Espino, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Leigos, Spain, in 1910
- Jose M Espino, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Caracas, Venezuela, in 1918
- M. Espino, aged 28, who settled in America, in 1920
- Dennis Espino (b. 1973), professional basketball player in the Philippine Basketball Association
- Hector Espino (1939-1997), Mexican professional baseball outfielder, first baseman, and manager
- Maria Gabriela "Gaby" Espino Rugero (b. 1977), Venezuelan actress and model
- Paolo Espino (b. 1987), Panamanian professional baseball pitcher
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Espino Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Espino Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 March 2014 at 17:34.
on orders of $85 or more