Early Origins of the Eschen family
The surname Eschen was first found in Switzerland
, where since ancient times the name Escher was closely associated with the area's feudal
conflicts. As they became more prominent, the family formed alliances with powerful nobles and princes during the many turbulent events of the period. Thus Escher merged with other distinguished houses thereby enhancing and extending the family's influence.
Early History of the Eschen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eschen research.Another 247 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1817, 1899, 1626 and 1710 are included under the topic Early Eschen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eschen Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Esher, Ascher, Asher, Aischer, Aisher, Ayscher, Aysher, Eyscher, Eysher, Eser, Eshen, Eshere, Echel, Eschle, Eschere, Eschen, Eschel, Eschle, Aschere, Aschen, Aschel and many more.
Early Notables of the Eschen family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eschen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Eschen family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eschen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friedrich Eschen, aged 20, who landed in America from Wisman, in 1898
Eschen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Hermann Eschen, aged 23, who settled in America from Gutang, in 1906
- Johan Nic. Eschen, aged 21, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1907
- Louise Eschen, aged 76, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Hans Eschen, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States, in 1922
- Hans Eschen, aged 18, who landed in America from Gehting, Germany, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Eschen (post 1700)
- James N. Eschen, American politician, Mayor of Alameda, California, 1937 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- James Godrich "Jim" Eschen (1891-1960), American Major League Baseball outfielder who played in 1915 with the Cleveland Indians
- Lawrence Edward Eschen (1920-2015), American Major League Baseball infielder who played in 1942 with the Philadelphia Athletics, son of Jim Eschen
- John E. Van Eschen, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Iowa 3rd District, 1968 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html