Escamilla History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Escamilla family
The surname Escamilla was first found in Castille, in the region of Llanes.
Early History of the Escamilla family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Escamilla research. Another 33 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1580, 1624, and 1814 are included under the topic Early Escamilla History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Escamilla Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Escamilla, Escanilla and others.
Early Notables of the Escamilla family (pre 1700)
Another 25 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Escamilla Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Escamilla is the 2,973rd most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Escamilla migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Escamilla Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Pedro de Escamilla, who arrived in New Spain in 1578
Contemporary Notables of the name Escamilla (post 1700) +
- David Escamilla, American Democratic Party politician, Member, Credentials Committee, Democratic National Convention, 2008 
- Anton B. Escamilla, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Wyoming, 1996 
- Jose Escamilla (b. 1960), American film producer-director and music writer-performer-producer
- Teo Escamilla (1940-1997), Spanish Cinematographer and Director
- Rosa Luz Alegría Escamilla (b. 1949), Mexican physicist who was the first woman to serve in the Mexican Executive Cabinet
- Ignacio Escamilla (b. 1957), retired Olympic (1988) freestyle swimmer from Mexico
Related Stories +