Escalante History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Escalante family
The surname Escalante was first found in Castille, in the region of Llanes.
Early History of the Escalante family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Escalante research. Another 33 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1580, 1624, and 1814 are included under the topic Early Escalante History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Escalante Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Escamilla, Escanilla and others.
Early Notables of the Escalante family (pre 1700)
Another 25 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Escalante Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Escalante is the 3,112nd most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
| Escalante migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Escalante Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco De Escalante, who arrived in America in 1827 
- Juan De Escalante, who landed in America in 1827 
- Luis De Escalante, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1846 
- Jacques Escalante, aged 27, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1850 
- J G Escalante, aged 45, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1853 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Escalante (post 1700) ||+|
- Rafael Escalante, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 2008 
- Jaime Alfonso Escalante Gutierrez (1930-2010), Bolivian/American educator awarded the Presidential Medal for Excellence in Education in 1988 and the subject of the 1988 film Stand and Deliver
- Joseph Patrick Escalante (b. 1963), American musician, record label owner, radio host, film and music video director, and amateur matador
- Alberto Cañas Escalante (1920-2014), Costa Rican politician, writer, intellectual, public servant, Deputy Legislative Assembly of Costa Rica (1962-1966)
- Enrique Escalante (b. 1984), Puerto Rican volleyball player
- Amat Escalante (b. 1979), Mexican director, producer, and screenwriter
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html