Ercolani History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Ercolani family
The surname Ercolani was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there including the notable family of Hercolani. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Ercolani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ercolani research.Another 352 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1699, and 1744 are included under the topic Early Ercolani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ercolani Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Hercolani, Ercolani, Ercolina, Ercolani, Hercolani and many more.
Early Notables of the Ercolani family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ercolani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ercolani family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ercolani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Annibale Ercolani, aged 25, who settled in America from Capodmonte, Italy, in 1907
- Agostino Ercolani, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Ischiadi di Castro, Italy, in 1912
- Edino Ercolani, aged 19, who settled in America from Capodunoute, Italy, in 1912
- Altilio Ercolani, aged 40, who landed in America from Montelanico, Italy, in 1913
- Carlo Ercolani, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Medicina, Italy, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ercolani (post 1700)
- Lucian Randolph Ercolani (1888-1976), Italian furniture designer from Tuscany
Ercolani Family Crest Products