Enriquez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The prestigious surname Enriquez originated in Spain, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years.
Early Origins of the Enriquez family
The surname Enriquez was first found in Castile, predominant among the northern Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
Early History of the Enriquez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Enriquez research. Another 150 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1244, 1312, 1469, 1430, 1352, 1454 and 1474 are included under the topic Early Enriquez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Enriquez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Enríquez, Enriquez, Enrique, Enriques, Enríquiz, Enriquiz, Enrique, Henríquez, Henriquez, Henríquiz and many more.
Early Notables of the Enriquez family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Enrique Enríquez de Sevilla, whose name appears in the Libro Becerro of 1352; Diego Enríquez del Castillo, chronicler of King Henry IV of Castile (1454-1474); Pedro Enríquez, who fought bravely for Ferdinand and Isabella at Malaga and Granada; sixteenth century military officer and writer Alonso Enríquez de Guzmán; Pedro Enríquez de...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Enriquez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Enriquez migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Enriquez Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Alonso Enríquez, who arrived in America in 1517
- Diego Enríquez, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1537
- Alonso Enríquez, who arrived in Guatemala in 1538
- Diego Enríquez, who arrived in Florida in 1538
Enriquez Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Martín Enríquez de Almansa, Viceroy of New Spain and of Peru in the mid-sixteenth century
Enriquez Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Matías Enríquez, who arrived in Louisiana in 1779
Enriquez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Enriquez, who landed in America in 1817 
- Bernardino Enriquez, who arrived in America in 1827 
- Maria Enriquez, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1831 
- Tristin Enriquez, who landed in Veragua in 1835 
- Joro Enriquez, aged 25, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Enriquez (post 1700) +
- René Enríquez (1933-1990), American television actor
- Joy Charity Enriquez (b. 1978), American singer and actress
- Hector Enriquez, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 75th District, 2012
- Frank Enriquez, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 28th District, 2006
- Daniel Enriquez, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Mexico, 2008
- Juana Enriquez (1425-1468), Castilian noblewoman who became Queen of the Kingdoms of the Crown of Aragon
- Kalilah Enríquez (b. 1983), Belizean poet, media personality and entertainer
- Lorena Enríquez (b. 1980), Mexican actress and hostess
- Edgardo Enríquez (1912-1996), Chilean physician, academic and minister of education
- Antonio Enríquez (b. 1601), novelist of Portuguese -Jewish origin
- ... (Another 10 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)